The primary way to store data amidst a PHP program is by utilizing a Variable.
So we are sharing most vital things to know about Variables in PHP.
- In PHP programing Dollar sign ($) is used to indicate all variable.
- The estimation of Variable’s latest assignment is the estimation of a variable.
- Variables are allotted with the = operator, with the variable on the left-hand side and the articulation to be assessed on the other side.
- The variable can be defined, yet don’t require to do so.
- Variables in PHP don’t have characteristic sorts – a variable does not know ahead of time whether it will be utilized to store a number or a string of characters.
In PHP we can use 8 data types to create variables:
Integers − are whole numbers like 1234.
Doubles − are numbers with floating point, like 5.1346 or 251.132.
Booleans − Either true or false values.
NULL − It has only one value: NULL
Strings − Group of characters, like ‘Learn PHP with US.’
Arrays − Collections of values.
Objects − Classes are instances defined by a programmer or a run time entity.
Resources − hold references to assets outside to PHP.
An example for PHP Variables:
$hello = “Hello World!”;
$x_number = 1;
$anotherNumber = 6;
If you don’t use the “$” in beginning then it will not work.